Once a month our sports medicine specialists offer a FREE lecture series for healthcare professionals to learn about current evidence based sports medicine topics and earn continuing education credits. All lectures are held at the AOS clinic from 6:30-7:30 am. Registration begins at 6:00am and you can submit your information via the online registration form below.
Continuing education credits will be offered for: physicians, nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, physical therapists, athletic trainers, and medical assistants.
August 14th – Concussion Update, by Dr. Ramon Ylanan (click link to see full flyer)
A one hour lecture presenting the most up-to-date evidence-based research on concussion research, assessment and evaluation, return-to-play protocols, and the utilization of prevention programs for today’s athletes.
1. Discuss the updated definition of a concussion
2. Understand the appropriate concussion classifications
3. Discuss the pathophysiology
4. Discuss current assessment and evaluation procedures
5. Understand return-to-play criteria and its critical impact on player safety
6. Understand the post-concussive sequelae
7. Discuss current prevention strategies and limitations