Once a month our sports medicine specialists offer a FREE
lecture series for healthcare professionals to learn about current evidence based sports medicine topics and earn continuing education credits. All lectures are held at the AOS clinic from 6:30-7:30 am. Registration begins at 6:00am and you can submit your information via the online registration form below.
Continuing education credits will be offered for: physicians, nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, physical therapists, athletic trainers, and medical assistants.
April 30th – Athletic injuries of the wrist and hand – Dr. Yakin
- Discuss the importance and pervasiveness of these injuries
- Classify athletes that are at high risk to suffer injuries of the wrist and hand
- Distinguish injuries that are treated conservatively versus surgically
- Develop appropriate return to play protocol for an athlete with an injury to the wrist or hand
May 21st – Hip labral tears –Dr. Wagner
- Describe the epidemiology of hip labral tears.
- Explain the intrinsic risk factors for developing a labral tear
- Identify modifiable risk factors for developing a labral tear
- Categorize hip labral tears that require rehab versus arthroscopic intervention
- Discuss and implement methods to prevent hip labral tears in athletes
- Determine the appropriate return to play for an athlete